Monday, July 13, 2009

the interesting flavors of Japan

In Japan, you can find a lot of names you're familiar with: Coke, Pepsi, Pringles, Doritos, Kit Kat, etc.

However, Japan likes to add their own little twist to things. As the seasons change, they come up with new flavors of things we know and love. For example, the latest creation from Pepsi:



Pepsi Shiso!

Shiso is a kind of mint leaf. It's used mostly in Korean food. It's a very strong flavor and not something you'd think, "now that would make a refreshing drink!" However, this isn't too surprising that Pepsi went for it anyway. Apparently last summer, there was a cucumber flavor.

So I tried Pepsi Shiso a few weeks ago. In my opinion, it's really nasty. I didn't care for it at all. However, Jonny liked it and so did a few friends of mine. So maybe it's just me.

We're also seeing some new flavors of Kit Kat this summer. The latest is "Ramune" (a Japanese soda) and "lemon vineger". I've tried both of them recently. The lemon vineger wasn't as horrible as I expected. Still, chocolate and lemon aren't exactly flavors I'd put together. The Ramune flavor, on the other hand, was really disgusting. But again, Jonny liked it, and so did my friend Simon.

I'll post about new flavors and products when I find them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily! Just commenting to say that I found your blog and am enjoying reading it. I'm going to add it to my blog list so I can enjoy the updates :)

stufflikemikans said...

Yay Val!
Glad you're enjoying my ramblings. I'll have to add your blog as well so I can stalk you too ^_~