Sunday, July 19, 2009

Videos!!

I decided it was about time to start taking video of my adventures in Japan. I took some back in May, but then I forgot about them. (If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a very forgetful person!) So now, before I forget about them again, here are the videos I've taken:


This is some footage from the Ikazaki kite festival. This was during the "kite fights". Anyone is allowed to participate. The kites have razors attached to the strings. The object it to try to use the razors from your kite to cut the strings on the other kites. It's actually pretty entertaining.


More from the kite fights


This is from our trip to Beppu. We went for our anniversary. Beppu is famous for onsen (hot springs). It also has a REALLY nice aquarium and a monkey park (see the videos after this). Here's some of video of the aquarium. My favorite part: the dolphins


This is the monkey park we went to (it's right accross from the aquarium). This one was pretty crazy. There are over 1000 monkeys at this place, and they all roam freely throughout the park. This video gives you an idea of how close you can get to these guys.


More footage from the monkey park. This was during feeding time. They sent a cart around throwing food from it. Here you can see all the monkeys chasing it. It was a little scary.


That's all for now! I'll post more when I make them! (and I'll try not to forget next time!)