Sunday, July 5, 2009

Students say the Awesome-est things!

Recently, I did a few lessons about shopping. This was for 3rd years (9th graders) in Junior High School. For the lesson, we had the students make up skits. We taught them the standard phrases like, "how much is this?", "may I help you?", "that's too expensive", "it's a gift, can you wrap it for me?", etc. Here are some of my favorites that the kids came up with (I include spelling and grammar errors, but this time there weren't many):


1.)
Clerk: May I help you?
M Yes I'm looking for a jaket.
C: What size?
M Medium, please
C: How about this one?
M It looks good. How much is this jacket?
C: It's 300 dollars
M Oh, it's too cheap. Could you show me another one?
C: How about this one? It's 5000 dollars
M Very nice. I'll take it.
C: No no no no. It's mine


2.)
K: Excuse me. How much is this cap?
Clerk: It's 95000 dollars.
K: Oh, it's too cheap. Could you show me another one?
C: How about this one? It's a little expensive. 150000 dollars
K: Very nice. I'll take it. It's a gift. Could you wrap it, please.
C: It is no good. Go home, please.


3.)
-May I help you?
-How much is space?
-What? You are crazy
-So how much is rocket?
-It's 50000 dollars.
-Oh, it's too cheap. Could you show me more special one?
-How about this one? It's 100000 dollars.
-Very nice. I'll take it.


And my very favorite one...
4.)
Clerk: May I help you?
S: Yes. I'm looking for a windmill.
C: How about this one?
S: It looks too small. Do you have a larger one?
C: Well, how about this one?
S: It looks very good. How much is this windmill?
C: It's three million dollars.
S: Very nice. I'll take it. It's a gift. Could you wrap it, please?
C: Sure. Please wait a minute.

1 comment:

FilthyGrandeur said...

lol. i would like to buy a windmill.